I’m home full time and when there is no pandemic around, I’m responsible for all meals in the home. So I value quick, easy, and healthy. The less thinking I have to do, the better! We eat the same breakfast daily, so wanted something easy for lunch too. No thinking required for lunches too. Enter picky plates. I’ve also heard them called finger food plates too, but like the name “picky plates”. Today on the blog, I’m sharing about how to design a simple system to make your lunches painless and quick with picky plates.
How I put picky plates together
1. I wrote up a sheet of finger foods we ate and are accepted by most of our family.
2. I split them into different categories (such as veggies, fruits, proteins).
3. When it’s lunch time, I simply take out my list and pick a variety of foods from different categories. I also have numbers assigned to each category, so I know how many to pick from each (or my kids if they are helping). That’s it!
FREEBIE: Picky plate template to make your lunches much simpler!
Are you looking for more resources to simplify your life at home with children? You may love being on my newsletter list. You’ll get access to the freebie vault, full of helpful guides and tips to help you simplify even more. One of them being my much sought after - picky plate template. It’s what we use most days for our lunch so that we’re no more wondering what to eat for lunch. You can sign up for it HERE.
The Simple Meal Planning Guide
The Simple Meal Planning Guide will help you never to become stumped with meal planning again (when/if applied).
“If you struggle with meal planning at all (or just need fresh ideas and inspiration), you would love this simple, thorough, accessible resource.” - Crystin from @delightfullyfeasting
This guide is for you if…
- you often dread mealtimes
- you often google meal planning type ideas
- you often feel overwhelmed with meal planning
- you don’t know where to start with meal planning
- you often feel stumped and uninspired with meal planning
- you can’t seem to find a system for meal planning that sticks
- you would like a simple, streamlined process to meal plan that works for you in every season of life
Find more about the guide here.
Blogs of mine you may enjoy:
- Simple Meal Planning with Theme Nights
- 9 Ideas for Making Meal Planning Simpler
- Three tips to feed the hangry children fast
- How to make lunches painless and quick with picky plates
Hi, I’m Kelly! I’m a mother of four children - three boys, one toddler girl - and our family lives on the beautiful east coast of Canada. I’m a past elementary teacher, turned stay at home, work at home mom eight years ago after I had my second child. I’ve found that the busier I’ve become and as my children age, that it’s become even more important to figure out what is most important to me and us as a family. Living a simpler lifestyle has helped us in so many ways in our home life - from better routines to faster tidying up times. It has been through my children that I have been inspired to learn how to effectively manage my time and to simplify in all areas of my home and life. I enjoy helping busy moms simplify home life by teaching flexible planning methods and skills. Enjoyed this blog and think it would be helpful to others? I'd love if you shared it. Thank you!