Which tidying personality are you? I’m a tidy by category person usually. I like to put all the books away, clothes away, dishes away, and so on. Today on the blog, I’m sharing about how to discover your tidying personality.
How many tidying personalities are there?
There are tons of tidying personalities out there if you do a google search, like this blog describes, but I’m pulling from a variety of sources and making up titles for some tidying personalities. You’ll likely see yourself in more than one personality as well. And sometimes different seasons of life calls for different personalities too - like having a home full of little people!
Discover your tidying personality: Four tidying personalities
- Pile them up tidying personalitiy. You leave things to the last minute. There are piles everywhere that rarely get touched. It’s often messy if you’re this kind of tidier (and this totally doesn’t apply to homes with children…as it’s impossible to keep it tidy at all times, right? ha).
- At your limits tidying personality. You know, the wait until it’s a real, huge explosion, you lose your brain and you marathon tidy everything all at once. That happens over once and a while lol. My husband and I would tag team it, so that one parent is with the kids and the other tidies.
- A little at a time tidying personality. You go about your day and pick up a little at a time as you go. I’m mostly this one, but also have learned to let go when there are other priorities going on - like homeschooling or getting outside.
Structured tidying personality. You have a system. A routine. And you stick to it. It works for you. Everything gets tidied on a regular basis. This is sometimes me during some seasons of life and times of the year.
Whatever your tidying personality, you’ll benefit from decluttering first. Having less to tidy up will make whatever tidying method you use that. much. faster. too.
Recap: the four tidying personalities
1. Pile them up tidying personalitiy.
2. At your limits tidying personality.
3. A little at a time tidying personality.
4. Structured tidying personality.
Are you looking for more resources to simplify your life at home with children? You may love being on my newsletter list. You’ll get access to the freebie vault, full of helpful guides and tips to help you simplify even more.
And I also found this fun quiz for you on tidying personalities.
Other blogs you may like:
- One Daily Tidying Routine that Will Save You Money and Time
- Four Ideas to Go from Living Room Explosions to Clear Floors
- How to Design a Simple Cleaning Routine
Enjoyed this blog and think it would be helpful to others? I'd love if you shared it. Thank you.