Let’s talk about those simple time saving hacks. As our family has grown, I’ve noticed how much better I must get at watching the time…or the time is just gone in a flash! Some days, I look down and it’s 9am and then somehow it turns into 9pm. Some days it flies by without realizing it. That’s why I’m a big fan of figuring out those small, simple time saving hacks for our family. They all can really add up and free up so much extra free time in a home. Today on the blog, I’m sharing about 6 simple time saving hacks for busy moms.
6 Simple time saving hacks for busy moms
- Create boundaries around cleaning and tidying. Before we did this in our home? I felt like I was CONSTANTLY cleaning and tidying the kitchen or elsewhere all day. Now we tackle the kitchen in full after supper every evening, creating a boundary around that so I don’t have to feel like I have to clean it in full any other time.
- Prepare for the morning the night before. Elizabeth over at
@athomeontheprairie on Instagram and @carleenarmstead are so good at reminding moms to prepare the night before for the next morning! It can really help save time and lead to smoother mornings.
- Meal plan. I don’t know what your house is like, butttt if I don’t have my ducks in a row with meals, then it’s a gong show here lol. Taking time to make a simple meal plan can save so much time for busy moms (and dads)!
- Related: The Simple Meal Planning Guide
- Deal with wet laundry right away. Am I the only one who forgets about wet laundry and then have to wash it again? Building laundry into specific times of the day has helped so much with saving time for our family! We throw on the wash at breakfast and I dry at lunch.
- Bulk cook. Bulk coooking can help so much. Sauces, rice, chopping veggies. It all can help save time. Our family tends to bulk cook as we make our regular meal plan each daily. If we’re cooking chicken for chicken shwarmas, for instance, we’ll just make more!
- Put away, organize, and declutter as we go. We’re really working on this habit, but if you see it and are walking by it, pick it up and put it away vs. letting it sit there for the future.
Other helpful blogs with more time saving hacks for busy moms that I found:
- Easy Time-Saving Hacks for Working Moms
- 10 Time-Saving Mom Hacks That Will Streamline Your Life
- Simple Time-Saving Tips for Moms
My journey to creating a simpler home
About five years ago, I started my journey to simplifying. I was a stressed out, super high expectations mom, and had no solid routines or systems in place for our home. This was when I realized something needed to change. I started with decluttering and then everything snowballed from there.
SAVE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE:
FREE printable list of 20 routines to look at to save time in your home
You can find that freebie HERE. And if you’d like a deeper dive into creating your routines for your home life, you’ll find a unit just on routines in my course: Simplify Your Home Life: a Course for busy moms. You can find more about the course HERE or take my free pre-curser class: 10 Questions to Help You Simplify Your Home Life.
SIMPLIFY YOUR HOME LIFE: a course for busy moms
The Simplify Your Home Life: a course for busy moms is a six week flexible online course designed to help busy moms explore how to simplify home life in many key areas such as daily routines, decluttering, and habits. Participants gain access to course units (both text and some video) as well as a course guide full of guided printables, journal prompts, resources, and more.
“I really enjoyed Kelly’s course! I think it’s perfect for busy moms trying to find ways to organize their home, create systems and better routines! My favorite module was the time management lesson! But every module gives practical and easy to follow tools to better your home life! Such a great course!” - Shelly
Other blogs of mine you may enjoy reading:
- How Autopiloting Your Home Life Can be a Good Thing
- 5 Key Routines to Help Simplify your Home Life
- 10 Simple Habits to Create a Simpler Home
- Five Idea to Create a Simpler Home
Hi, I’m Kelly! I’m a mother of four children - three boys, one toddler girl - and our family lives on the beautiful east coast of Canada. I’m a past elementary teacher, turned stay at home, work at home mom eight years ago after I had my second child. I’ve found that the busier I’ve become and as my children age, that it’s become even more important to figure out what is most important to me and us as a family. Living a simpler lifestyle has helped us in so many ways in our home life - from better routines to faster tidying up times. It has been through my children that I have been inspired to learn how to effectively manage my time and to simplify in all areas of my home and life. I enjoy helping busy moms simplify home life by teaching flexible planning methods and skills. Enjoyed this blog and think it would be helpful to others? I'd love if you shared it. Thank you!