I don’t know about you, but sometimes the duties of the day can just sweep me away and by the end of the day I look back and realize. Oops. I was on autopilot all day. It can take practice to slow down and be present. Today on the blog, I’m sharing five ways to be present with your kids.
- Stop and write down something you are grateful for (suggestion found on this blog). In fact, I’ve read that there have been studies that: “Writing things down doesn’t just help you remember, it makes your mind more efficient by helping you focus on the truly important stuff.”
- Stopping and just breathing can help slow down the mind and body and help you focus on the present.
- Looking closely at what your children are doing can help you focus on what’s in front of you - your children. I know this sounds simple, but if you’re like me, sometimes my brain is racing and needs something to focus on to become more present in the moment. It’s been helpful!
- Move your body. Run around with your kids. Wiggle your toes (I found this suggestion here). Moving your body reminds you where you are and whom you are with.
- Do something that you enjoy with your kids. For me, that’s 100% when I get to chase them around and make them laugh and squeel. It’s almost always my favourite moment of the day when I take time to do this. Whatever it is for you and your kids, take time to do that fun thing.
PS Enjoyed these tips? I have ten more of them like these if you’d like that I found. Feel free to email me at email@example.com and I’d be happy to share them with you.
Hi, I’m Kelly! I’m a mother of four children - three boys, one toddler girl - and our family lives on the beautiful east coast of Canada. I’m a past elementary teacher, turned stay at home, work at home mom eight years ago after I had my second child. I’ve found that the busier I’ve become and as my children age, that it’s become even more important to figure out what is most important to me and us as a family. Living a simpler lifestyle has helped us in so many ways in our home life - from better routines to faster tidying up times. It has been through my children that I have been inspired to learn how to effectively manage my time and to simplify in all areas of my home and life. I enjoy helping busy moms simplify home life by teaching flexible planning methods and skills. Enjoyed this blog and think it would be helpful to others? I'd love if you shared it. Thank you!