Outward order can help inward calm. I’ve heard something like that before and for me, it’s been certainly mostly true through the years. I mean, there is and will always be a level of chaos I have to accept here with littles every day, but there are some routines that really help to simplify our home life. Today on the blog, I’m sharing about 5 key routines to help simplify your home life (and that may help towards more inward calm too!).
5 key routines to help simplify your home life
- Laundry. I have multiple blogs on laundry because it’s been a huge routine we’ve simplified in our home over the years as our family grew. You can listen to me talking about it as well as lots of tips on this podcast and read the blog on simplifying laundry for busy families that is helpful as well.
- Dishes. Dishes are every day whether you have a bustling household like me or you are just by yourself. Simplifying the dishes’ routine can help simplify your home life so much. There will always be dishes, but having a routine will help to keep things flowing. See my blog on kitchen explosions for more on that.
- Bedtime. Ooof. This was an area we majorly needed to work on in the past. My husband and I like to take our time, but bedtime needed to be much quicker and simpler. You can read my blog on it here. Simplifying bedtimes can help lead to more calm in your home. It’s a marathon and a noise machine hour ish for us often, but the kids at least know what to expect now. Anything helps, right?!
- Meals. Simplifying meal planning and meal routines is so key in simplifying your home life. I’m in the midst of revamping all things in this area, including an upcoming launch of my Simple Meal Planning Guide. Simple meal planning and routines can help simplify your home life so much. I often have hangry children around meal time, so when I’m not on the ball, it can be a disaster ha.
- Morning routine. Whether you’re a stay at home parent or working outside the home parent, having a morning routine for yourself and the whole family is so helpful in starting the day a lot smoother.
FREE WORKSHEET: 10 questions to help you simplify your home life
If this is an area you’d like to work on – to simplify your home life, you may enjoy my freebie worksheet - 10 questions to help you simplify your home life. You can signup to receive that freebie HERE. You may also enjoy my online course too Simplify Your Home Life. Check that out here.
So there you have it: 5 key routines to help simplify your home life. In random order: laundry, dishes, bedtime, meals, and morning routine. If you’re unsure of where and how to start, I like to encourage people to start. Start somewhere, start anywhere. Small or big. Whatever works to you! Here’s to simplifying your home life.
Other blogs of mine you may enjoy:
Hi, I’m Kelly! I’m a mother of four children - three boys, one toddler girl - and our family lives on the beautiful east coast of Canada. I’m a past elementary teacher, turned stay at home, work at home mom eight years ago after I had my second child. I’ve found that the busier I’ve become and as my children age, that it’s become even more important to figure out what is most important to me and us as a family. Living a simpler lifestyle has helped us in so many ways in our home life - from better routines to faster tidying up times. It has been through my children that I have been inspired to learn how to effectively manage my time and to simplify in all areas of my home and life. I enjoy helping busy moms simplify home life by teaching flexible planning methods and skills. Enjoyed this blog and think it would be helpful to others? I'd love if you shared it. Thank you!