Years back, I mean years back. I bought reusable cloth pads from ebay. I was the only one of my friends to try them and I’m sure I was the oddball too. Ha! Nowadays it’s much more common, so I don’t feel so alone. Cloth pads has been among twenty product switches our family has made to save us money. Today on the blog I’m sharing with you 20 product switches that will save money.
20 product switches that will save money
- Protein powder containers or really any nice empty containers emptied out after its original use for home organization.
- Disposable razors to a safety razor. A safety razor is essentially a razor that has a handle that you use over and over and you only replace the blades as they dull, which are very affordable to replace. You can read more about safety razors here.
- Shaving cream in a can to shaving soap.
- Disposable to cloth diapers. There are so many different kinds of cloth diapers out there. Check this blog to learn about them.
- Menstrual pads to cloth pads/menstrual cup. Which are better? This blog may help you out.
- Disposable wipes to cloth wipes. I mostly made my own cloth wipes with using pinking shears and cotton fabric.
- All purpose brand name cleaner spray to vinegar spray. I share my recipes in the freebie vault for my mail list. You can signup and gain access to those recipes HERE.
- Brand name cleaner to natural soap spray.
- Various products to baking soda. Here are some suggestions for what you can use baking soda for.
- Toilet bowl cleaner to using laundry powder.
- Paper towels to using towels/rags and microfiber cleaning cloths. Here’s a blog on some benefits to using microfiber for cleaning.
- Packaged mixes to make our own DIY everything such as homemade hot chocolate.
- Disposable one time use manual toothbrushes to electric toothbrushes.
- DIY oil cleanser for my washing my face.
- Cotton pads to makeup remover cloths.
- Cotton ear swabs to a reusable ear pick.
- Old containers for storage: pickle jars to old vitamin containers.
- Tub specific store bought cleaner to natural laundry detergent.
19. Glasses cleaner cloth that only requires water, not a special cleaning spray.
20. Castile soap and vinegar to replace various cleaning supplies.
20 product switches that will save money. Is it worth it?
It took time, but we switched things out one at a time as we figured out what worked for us over the years. The savings and environmental impact of a lot of the switches have been worth it to us too over the years. I linked as much as I could in my amazon shops from the above list – from the safety razor we use to the castile soap I like. You can find the Canadian shop HERE and the American shop HERE. Self care
FREEBIE: 50 PRODUCT SWITCHES TO SAVE MONEY
I complied a list of 50 more product switches to save money, with some suggestions from friends. You can find that HERE if you enjoy switching up your products too to save money! And if you have a great product that will save money that you’ve switched, tell me in the comments below. I’d love to hear. I hope this blog gave you some new ideas today to save money. Happy saving!
SAVE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE:
Other blogs you may like of mine:
- How a Capsule Wardrobe Made my Life Easier and Saved me Money
- One Daily Tidying Routine that Will Save you Money and Time
- How to Reuse These Ten Items to Save You Money
- Five Multipurpose Skin Products that Could Save You Money
Other blogs on saving money:
Hi, I’m Kelly! I’m a mother of four children - three boys, one toddler girl - and our family lives on the beautiful east coast of Canada. I’m a past elementary teacher, turned stay at home, work at home mom eight years ago after I had my second child. I’ve found that the busier I’ve become and as my children age, that it’s become even more important to figure out what is most important to me and us as a family. Living a simpler lifestyle has helped us in so many ways in our home life - from better routines to faster tidying up times. It has been through my children that I have been inspired to learn how to effectively manage my time and to simplify in all areas of my home and life. I enjoy helping busy moms simplify home life by teaching flexible planning methods and skills. Enjoyed this blog and think it would be helpful to others? I'd love if you shared it. Thank you!